Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Day!

Okay World! Not to ruin the surprise, 'cause I'm so good with secrets... Baby #4's name is Audrey, and its to stay because I painted the letters! We of course will take Kates pics out and put hers in later! She is having Kates old room.
This is Audreys Quilt, we haven't brought up the crib, but I hung the Quilt! It was Kates, but its still good and I love the colors! Although BFF Heidis making me, err um Audrey an amazing one so we will see what the final room looks like! Heidis quilt has the same colors, just cuter!

This is Kates new room, a work in progress.. she cant wait to play the piano, and she loves to sing and play in her room all day, with Claire of course...

This is Conners old bed/guest bed. Kate now has Evans old room and a Queen bed! The picture above the bed is of her @18 mo, we finally put it to use! This bedding is from our first Apts guest room 10 yrs ago in Provo. Kate saw it in the DI pile and loved it, so what do you do? I do have this amazing idea for her room though, so I am thinking this is temporary... Derek thinks I am crazy for wanting to change it, but her room needs beadboard, and I can't wait to make Derek put it up!!!! Also there is this amazing comforter @ Target I cant resist... So be prepared guests, to sleep in the pink room now!
Kate now has a walk-in closet, and everything fits so nicely! Someone pointed out she has a lot of clothes, but they get to be passed on now! She also has a dresser full.... She loves to shop, and its so fun with her, plus Daddy spoils her rotten and can't say no, we'll see how it is w/2 girls now!

This is as neat as we could make thier newly shared closet until we build some toy shelves in the basement!

This is the dresser we refer to as Big Blue! Its been every color, as it was built by Dereks G-Pa Jay Nielson in 1947 when Dereks Dad was born. Its fun to have something sentimental! Now it has an XBOX inside! Times have changed!
The boys now share! They wanted to! This is the biggest room, it was Conners old one. We took the Bunk apart and they love it! These quilts are 6 yrs old, but I am still Rockin' em. Conners against the wall. I was planning on doing this awesome WWII theme, but before I knew it, Derek slaps these out of control Halo Video game vinyl stickers on their walls and they are apparently NEVER coming down, so I am gonna leave there mix-n-match room alone!
SHES ALIVE! See!!! we really do have a cat! Roxy is always in the boys room. Shes also 4 and tiny, the one petite thing in our household!

Look how cute she is! Whenever I am on the computer, which is SO rare... Hallie sits so nice! Sidenote: She has these really cool "Cullen"esque golden eyes, there fun, but freaky too!


Do you ever have those wonderful moments, when everything just comes together in one wonderful moment and you realize how wonderful life is, and how much you love every piece of it? This has been my life this past two weeks and its funny I don't remember that feeling disappearing, but I felt it come back so strongly. I love that my kids are mine and who they are, chubby or not! They are wonderful and such a blessing and each so unique and cool... Happy that I am married to Derek, I may have mentioned that one in my dedication to him this past month! Happy that my Dog is cool, and is easy even though we haven't done a thing with her training wise, on that note I am even happy the cat is around more due to her fascination of the dog! I love my current town, thankful for my hometown, and after our trip thankful for the realization that I know I belong here, I always thought it was there. I love my new friends and my old ones, especially the ones who let me VENT for hours about life, but mostly stupid things that don't mean anything to them! Its really good right now. The Grand Daddy of them all is of course feeling Audrey move, a near constant and letting go of all my fears to finally bond with her. Her room is almost ready we moved the kids around and have them settled for now so I can have a room for Audrey to "put her stuff in!" I will, of course do more to the rooms, especially Kates because that is her forever room, everyone else will be moved again when we do the basement in a yr or two. I do think that the sunshine this last week or two has really effected me though, and made me happier! I guess in a nutshell, I felt my purpose so much, and am truly thankful to my Heavenly Father I got to be me, difficult "pear" shape and all!

10 comments:

Maria and Ross said...

The rooms look great, you do such a good job decorating. You have the touch, can you come to my house and do it for me? I am lackin in that department! It was good to talk to you the other day. Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Kathryn said...

Their rooms are so cute. I love the letters! I've always wanted to do that. Its great to hear that life is going so well for you. Thanks for sharing.

Corina said...

Very cute - your a great decorator! I love the name and letters... I need to get mine painted - you are so far ahead of me!

Heidi Maloy said...

Cute fun post... and the rooms look fabulous- someday soon, I will have to make the long trek to come and visit in person ;) Seeing the "Audrey" letters and quilt let's me know thankfully that I am right on track and can't wait to see the final product! I have to admit, it might be one of my favs ever! We'll see if it turns out the way I'm envisioning. You've inspired me too, I'll have to clean the kids rooms and post my own room swap pics. And P.S. it's always great to have friends to talk to about important things, and random things, and even meaningless rantings and ramblings ;) I'm so glad things are coming into place again for you. It's no fun to feel out of sync with yourself, even when we don't fully notice it.

Gedge Mamma said...

I love the name Audrey. The letters look so awsome. I'm glad you are loving life. What else could anyone ask for? Kelsey and I loved seeing you guys.

Kacey said...

Super cute name! I love it!

Julie said...

I LOVE the letters!!!

Eaton Family said...

Nice painting job on the letters. Very cute! I know what it's like to do the whole room adjustment thing recently. Before Lindsay came I made Nathan finish the basement so I could move the toys from the loft downstairs...move all the stuff from our craft/office room to the loft...and set up Lindsay's room in the old office. Oh the joys! It all looks great!

Kacey said...

Totally cute rooms! I'm jealous, you're such a good decorator!

Jamie said...

Kemari!
Congratulations!!! I love the name Audrey - so cute. We're so happy for you guys.
So I am just barely getting going on this whole blog thing...ours is almost done..for now I guess! :) Yours is just adorable. Where does the time go?
Hope you're feeling fantastic. LOL Love ya,
Jamie