Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our fun anniversary weekend away/ Conners Blue and Gold Ball!

Conner had to dress up this year as 5 things for his dens skit! Abe, Ind. Jones, Daniel Boone, a nerd and a revolutionary war soldier! (UGH) He did great recieved his Bobcat award. Too bad I was the only one there, everyone else had Strep!

By the way... Mom and Dad made the costumes with Conners "help", it was fun!

In my opinion an awful picture... but the best one from the weekend of us! Here we are at Dave and Busters in Westminster with the Gedges

My old High School! Standley Lake home of the Gators, class of '96

Here is my childhood home! 10050 Moore St. Westminster, Colorado! A "few" changes, the neighborhood aged drastically, but it was great to remember the old days! TMI Alert! Derek and I first kissed on the front porch...

Dereks old house in Arvada, with a new paint color!

The best couple in the whole world! We LOVE these guys! Julie and Kelsey Gedge. Thanks for a fun weekend! Loved your house and kids!

I took crappy pictures this trip, but here is one of Derek at the Denver Museum of Art and Science, it was an educational day and we loved it, minus my swollen feet, why did I choose the Uggs? They dont do well with Pregnant women and walking around for 3 Hours!

This is a beautiful view from the museum, where I was putting my feet up! this is a beautiful view of downtown Denver. Turns out, the very room where I was chillin', and snapped this photo is where Pres. Obama is signing that new Bill into effect today, the $800 million dollar stimulus (I wanted to post my opinion on that but I dont want the stupid bantor I sometimes get, nor do I have the time to write my feelings! A weekend away from the kids gives you time to catch up on these things!)

Here was our first stop, the best pizza in the west, well world for me so, far Beau Jos!


All in all, we had an amazing time! It was so great to see the old places and the new! The resteraunts are amazing there and it was beautiful! The day we left was 55! We missed the kids towards the end, but we did see 3 movies (Shopaholic, not that into you, and Austrailia) Ate at CB & Potts, Rock bottom brewery, Beau Jos, Dave and Busters amongst probably too many others... we got Cherry Chip cookies from King Soopers and of course saw the Gedges, oh words cannot express how much we miss them! In the end, we wished we would of gone to a mall and walked around Ketner Lake, but the day we had that planned was the swollen museum day so I didnt want to walk anymore! That Lake has so much significance to me! The Malls ROCK there! It was also great to sleep in! Maybe we will return in the Summer with the kids, it all depends on Baby Audreys nature!






4 comments:

Angela said...

Fun for you to get to go back to Colorado! BTW so you don't have to go digging through my blog comments, I'd love to come out and do an enrichment with you. Would be great to see you guys again! Send me an email bighorn at etv dot net and let me know what you're thinking and we can discuss specifics more. Thanks!

Colette said...

Fun!! I really need to go back and see everything its been so long. Is our house a different color?

Kemari said...

yes! the trim is a darker green not gray. We also noticed that everyone in the area has re-painted their house!

Kathryn said...

Cute blog! Looks like you guys had a fun weekend away.