Saturday, March 26, 2011

Painful week!!


I dont have awesome pictures from this, but I had a 6.5 mm kidney stone removed today! Derek has been the absolute best and handled the kids perfectly! His work is the best too! Audrey decided to be 2 however and give us trouble! My parents get here tomorrow morning and stay until Wednesday since I'm on bed rest for 5 days! I have blinders on and assume everything is how I left it! I am sure the house finally looks lived in! Its hard for derek to be full time dad of 4!!! #5 in utero has done great, like nothing has even happened! Derek really is amazing though! I am grateful to my good friends and Dereks sister Gina for helping us! We needed it!

So pretty much for a week and a half I thought I had a small stone the drs said would simply pass.... After increasing, hellish pain, I had a ct scan pregnant which they told me was okay because I was far enough along, they found this huge stone! I was in the hospital from tuesday until today drinking fluids and on pain meds prepping for today! I am still in a ton of pain, but the meds are not as good! I love being in my bed! They were concerned the stone would send me into labor, and then that the surgery would but baby seems well, I apparently cannot move for days though! Audrey hated the hospital and has not done well with this whole thing! I am pretty sure her reaction to baby brother will be similar...Conner now wants to be a dr. And be at the baby's birth etc... Up by my head of course, I told him it's up to him, I don't care! That means Evan will as well, he would probably faint!

I am glad to be home for now! They told me my other kidney had calcium in it, so I am not through the woods! Ps...6.5=big for a stone, and natural childbirth is a pinch more painful, but just a little. I still think men couldn't handle this as well! Women are built for pain! Audrey was 9 lbs almost and it was worse! Birth with drugs I would of done 20times today over what I endured! I have 3 cute friends bringing meals next week, and such a good community! This makes me wonder, what's next..?

No comments: